jeudi 3 juillet 2008

First post!!

Hey everyone!

I am so happy to be part of the Lenovo Olympic blogger! I just got my blog set up and I can't wait to share my journey with you to the Olympic Games!

The Canadian synchronized swimming team got qualified for the Olympics in April. Since then, we are working hard 7 hours a day, 6 days a week, until our moment, the Olympic Games!

For the ones that don’t know synchro a lot, there are 4 events at the Olympics, duet tech, duet free, team tech and team free. The technical programs have a few elements and have to be synchronized from the beginning till the end. The free program is more like a show, there are visual effects but it is still technically really hard. I will be competing in both team events. By the way, we are 8 in a team, plus 1 alternate.

We are training at the Olympic Stadium in Montréal with the national diving, water-polo and speed swimming teams. I'm from Québec city, but I moved to Montréal last year to train with the Olympic team.

Two weeks ago, we went to a training camp in Barbados to make a few changes in our routine and to train outside... (and also get a little tan :P) Our camp was 2 weeks long! It was great! The training facilities were really nice and the temperature was amazing!

We had an Olympic judge come in today to give us comments about our programs and to make small changes to make them perfect!!

That's all until next time!

Aucun commentaire: